Sea Star Worksheet
Use the Links for Sea Star Worksheet to find the answers for the following questions.
1. Look at the taxonomy for the sea star. Fill in the right hand column and describe what each label means. For example, Echinodermata, means “spiny skinned”. What do the other categories in this taxonomy chart mean?
2. Fill in the following chart:
3. How do sea stars move?
4. How do they ‘see’?
5. How does a sea star eat?
6. What do they eat?
7. What animals are predators of the sea star?
8. Draw a food web for the sea star.
9. How do these animals reproduce?
10. We are interested primarily in pycnopodia. How many legs does it have when it is mature?
11. Find a picture of a sea star and label its parts.
12. What happens when a sea star loses an arm?
13. Describe the environment that sea stars like to live in.
14. Why do you think that sea star would like to live at Race Rocks?